You have been looking online and preparing to buy, now it is finally time for you to start looking at homes in person! This should be exciting, but it is a big life decision and can easily become overwhelming. As Realtors, we strive to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible, so here are some things you can do to alleviate that burden and get the most out of your showings:
- Review Crucial Details in Advance – Your agent is a source of knowledge, and if you have important questions or criteria, it is important to review these with them ahead of time. This will leave less opportunity for you to be disappointed when you get there!
- Take Notes – When you have been looking at homes all weekend, it is easy for them to start blending together. Mark down your favorites, so you can go back and review things!
- Get to Know the Neighborhood – Once you have found your favorite home and are thinking of putting in an offer, go back and drive around the area. Check out your closest grocery store, swing by the local coffee shop – get to know your potential new hometown.
- Test Your Commute – Take a test drive to your office or check out the drive time feature on your GPS. The home you love may be a little farther away, but if there is a more pleasant path to take (no highway or tolls, for example) you may prefer this!
- Follow Your Gut – Remember, we can talk features, colors, and location all day long – when you feel deep down it is the home for you, it is usually the right one. Go for it!
With the right preparation, showings should not be the stressful part of home buying; it should be the fun part! It is our job as Realtors to get you prepared for this momentous step in your life. If you are wanting to make that leap into home ownership, give us a call at 239-898-1841 or contact us through our website to see how we can help!