It is the unofficial start of Summer here in Florida, which means the market is starting to heat up! With kids off from school and vacations on the horizon, many buyers look during this time to make sure they are all set up and moved in when Fall comes around. Sellers can take advantage of this increase in interest, while also benefiting from less pressure on everyday schedules, allowing more time to devote to selling and moving.
If you find yourself in that position, here are 5 tips to selling your home during the Summer market:
- Go Live During Vacation – If you have a Summer vacation planned, strategically schedule the listing of your home to go live right before you leave. That way the house can be shown at any time and not mess with your daily life!
- Plans to Prevent Bugs and Dirt – We all know Summer can lead to more bugs, rain, and dirt! Prevent these from getting into your house by making sure all door screens are working, providing shoe booties for showings, and putting an umbrella holder by the front door.
- Keep Your Home Cool – Even if your home is vacant, make sure to keep the A/C on for all showings. Keeping the A/C off during the Summer can lead to mold growth and a musty smell throughout the house. Plus, no one wants to sweat during showings!
- Don’t Forget the Lawn – It sounds cliché, but first impressions do matter! Make sure to keep up with your curb appeal as this is the first thing that buyers see during a showing. Keep the lawn trimmed, pull any overgrown weeds, and add some vibrant flowers to create a welcoming arrival.
- Showcase Outdoor Living – If you have outdoor space or features, make sure you highlight it! Make sure to keep outdoor kitchens or BBQs clean, replace any broken or faded screens, and power wash and seal paver patios. You can even go the extra mile during showings by staging outdoor furniture and turning on any pool fountains or jets!
Selling during the Summer can be the way to go for those with busy schedules – and we are always here to make your life easier! If you are interested in selling but do not know where to start, feel free to reach out to us at any time to go over the process. We are only a phone call (239-898-1841) or email away! Happy Summer!