What do you need to look for in a listing agent?
Congratulations, you have decided to make the big move and sell your home! To get started, you will likely start out with two the next two steps – figuring out where to start decluttering and beginning the process of finding a listing agent.
The job of the listing agent is to relieve the burden of selling and market your home so it sells for the best price possible; however, sometimes finding the right person to work with can be overwhelming in itself especially if this is your first time selling a home. So, here are a couple of tips to help make the agent selection process smoother:
- You can interview multiple agents. You don’t have to pick the first agent you meet with; it is okay to interview others.
- Read their reviews. There is a good chance you started on Google to find the agent you are interviewing anyway; take a quick second to check out their reviews and website. This will give you a better idea of who you are meeting with.
- Ask about marketing. It’s easy to focus on price and comparable homes, because in the end, your home is your biggest investment, but make sure they share their marketing plan with you. What are they going to do to make sure you have the best shot at getting the price you want?
- Will they be doing professional photography? Photos are every buyer’s very first impression of the home. This is a very important question to ask.
- When it comes to price, a lot of times you will find you already have an idea of what you think your home is worth before the Realtor walks through the door, and that’s okay. However, the comparable homes that have sold already are very important when it comes to what the home can sell for, so make sure you listen to the research the Realtor has done and share any upgrades that you have made to the property. You may be able to sell your home for even more than you originally thought!
- Go with your gut! This is the person that you will be working closely with, likely for at least a month or two. If you don’t feel like your personalities are meshing or you aren’t feeling confident about things, go back to point #1 and interview someone else.
Picking the right listing agent is probably the most important thing you can do when selling a home. These tips can help you ensure you are working with the agent that is best fit for you and your home.
What to Expect on Closing Day!
Selling in a Seller’s Market
5 Tips- Getting Your Home Ready to Sell for Top Dollar
From Start to Finish I am here to guide you through the process of selling your home.